Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Inspirational Quotes

"Whatever is flowing and flexible will tend and grow,
Whatever is rigid and blocked will wither and die."
Tao Te Ching


"Many people like to think that they'll find balance after they find success. But in reality, achieving balance is success." - Brian Koslow


"Life is movement, movement is life.
To live is to move, to move is to be alive."
Mirka Knaster

"Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals and values are in balance." Brian Tracy
http://www.jancowan.com/

3 comments:

  1. I have always felt like I was leading a balanced life without even trying. I mean I loved my home life and my work life. Teaching elementary school gave me a way to be with and impact children positively, which made up for the fact that I could never have kids of my own. I will admit however that the demands of my job would sometimes, especially at certain times of the year take over and run into my homelife way too much. Still I stayed fairly balanced. Now that I'm retired I'm having to find a new balance trying to do all the things I never had time to do. Finding the time is easy, but because it's all out in front of me, using my time wisely has become more of an issue. I'm realizing I was better at multi-tasking when I had a small space of time to get everything in. Now I am turning into a procrastinator...something I have never been. I spent so much of my life doing for others, it's hard to feel balanced when I spend more time doing for myself now. I have to work toward not feeling guilty about feeding my own soul at this time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you know yourself so well. You had been so busy, and given so much to others. It also sounds like you embraced those working years of your life. You will find away to embrace this time as well. We sometimes forget to be gentle with ourself. Take your time and breath deep. You are so right, we must feed our soul. thank you for the posting.

    ReplyDelete